[Paper Description Page: image of rounded scales watermark]

The Watermark Initiative

"Watermarks" Discussion List Archive from Virginia Tech

Re: "newer" watermarks - C. Revolutionary War

Does he know if it's American or English or Dutch?  I imagine that it's
English or Dutch...can you send a description ?  Are there any names or
initials involved?  Also, what is the contour of the shape?  ( like a fleur-
de-lis, or a shield, etc.)  I'd be happy to help him out if he gets back to
me.

The Watermark Initiative was created by

Robert W. Allison
Dept. of Philosophy & Religion, Bates College and

James Hart
Information Services, Bates College Lewiston, Maine, 04240