[Paper Description Page: image of rounded scales watermark]

The Watermark Initiative

"Watermarks" Discussion List Archive from Virginia Tech

Re: The Standards Project Announcement

Related to the discussion on extending the standards for watermark
description, I wanted to bring to the list's attention that my recent
volume of beta radiographs of  watermarks in Italian Maps uses the
preliminary IPH standard.  Since the advertising for this book has been
largely in the geography and cartography literature it may have escaped the
notice of some in the field of paper studies.

The reference is:

Woodward, David. Catalogue of Watermarks in Italian Maps, ca. 1540-1600.
Biblioteca di Bibliografia Italiana, Florence: Leo S. Olschki, 1996.
Published in the US by the University of Chicago Press.

David Woodward
Arthur H. Robinson Professor of Geography
University of Wisconsin
443 Science Hall
550 North Park Street
Madison WI 53706-1491 USA

Tel:    608 262 0505 (Office)
          608 251 1074 (Home)
Fax:   608 263 0762

Web Site: http://feature.geography.wisc.edu/histcart/

The Watermark Initiative was created by

Robert W. Allison
Dept. of Philosophy & Religion, Bates College and

James Hart
Information Services, Bates College Lewiston, Maine, 04240