[Paper Description Page: image of rounded scales watermark]

The Watermark Initiative

"Watermarks" Discussion List Archive from Virginia Tech

Re: Briquet Archive at Geneva

Dear Dan, I was going to suggest that that is the next great collection to
get on-line. Roderick Lyell, who used to be at Glasgow, and is now
Professor at the Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam has used the archive and he
tells me that for every one printed example in Briquet's published volumes
there are 100 unpublished drawings in boxes. Scanning is certainly what is
needed. I hope that the University authorities will be cooperative. Do
keep me posted on your success. We will be in Switzerland for the last 3
weeks in July. Let me know if you get there and where you can be reached.
Marie

The Watermark Initiative was created by

Robert W. Allison
Dept. of Philosophy & Religion, Bates College and

James Hart
Information Services, Bates College Lewiston, Maine, 04240