This functionality is being de-acivated Aug. 19, 2008. Location maps now display (via WebBridge) with the display of the bib record, along with a link to Circulation borrow/use page. Loanrule.shtml pages were viewed c. 400 times from 2006-2008 (the period for which I have weblog statistics). Although that indicates some use (contast c. 4,000 times for Circulating videos and DVDs), surfacing the Circulation borrow/use page via WebBridge should suffice. And since this functionality was never used or promoted by Circulation, it's really not worth the extra work.
Steps to de-active:
- Tell Julie to take link to Borrow/Use table off Circulation borrow/use page (done).
- Unlink locations in wwwoptions file (done).
- Remove help sheet page (done).
- Make locations directory old (done).
- Update header and left navigation bar (removing link) for resources/catalog and resources/catalog/glossary pages (done).
- Tom links to Circulation borrow/use page (on Ladd for Faculty), so I don't think I need to e-mail ladd again (had told them clickable location links would be going away when I announced the new maps via WebBridge).
- Assuming no negative user feedback in the next month or two, tell Jim Hart librules2inc is no longer used. (12/2008 update: Jim reports that librules2inc and liblocations have been archived.)
- Update excel file: loanruletable. Do not use any apostrophes in the excel file.
- Save the changes to the file loanruletable.
- Save the file as loanrtab.txt, save as type: Text (Tab delimited). Save the active sheet.
- Open FTP to abacus. In Library/services/use, rename loanrtab.txt file to loanrtab.bak.txt.
- FTP LOANRTAB.TXT to abacus, Library/services/use. Use the text option.
- Rename LOANRTAB.TXT to loanrtab.txt.
- On abacus, run the program: librules2inc.
- Update excel file: locationtable. Do not use any apostrophes in the excel file.
- If inserting a row before row 22, move information in column E and F up so there is no break (E and F pertain to book call numbers).
- If a new floor plan/jpg image needs to be created, ask Brenda to do it.
- Save the changes to the file locationtable.
- Save the file as locationtab.txt, save as type: Text (Tab delimited). Save the active sheet.
- Open FTP to abacus. In Library/resources/catalog/locations, rename locationtab.txt file to locationtab.bak.txt.
- FTP locationtab.txt to abacus, Library/resources/catalog/locations. Use the text option.