2014 Professional Training Program
2014 Application will be available January 13th
READ THESE INSTRUCTION BEFORE YOU BEGIN
You may complete the application process online BUT be sure to have the following required components ready to upload before you begin. To begin click the link above and follow the instructions.
- A resume indicating your dance training over the last three years. Please note that in order to enroll in Level IV or V technique, Advanced Improvisation, or Choreolab II you must document extensive study in these areas. Please add and highlight this information in your resume.
- A Visa or Mastercard for the required $50 application fee.
- A three-minute video of yourself dancing -- please follow these guidelines:
- The video clip should be of you in performance, rehearsal or studio work and demonstrate
your ability to: 1) move through space, 2) move into and recover from the
floor, 3) do both sustained and quick movement.
- Make sure there is
adequate light and the recording is of good quality so that we can see you
clearly enough to evaluate your skills.
- Clearly identify
yourself in the clip if you are not the only dancer.
- Tell us when and where
the clip was recorded. The clip should be no more than 1 year old.
- Upload to youtube
or a password protected vimeo account.
- Have the exact web address and access code to include in your application.
- The video clip should be of you in performance, rehearsal or studio work and demonstrate your ability to: 1) move through space, 2) move into and recover from the floor, 3) do both sustained and quick movement.
NOTE: If you do not wish to submit online you may elect to download a print version of the application package to complete by hand. Send completed application, resume, video link and application fee to:
Bates Dance Festival
305 College St.
Lewiston, ME 04240-6016
Students are strongly encouraged to submit their complete application package early to insure placement. Enrollment is limited and the program fills quickly. Qualified students are accepted on a rolling basis. All application materials must be properly completed and received in order to be considered. When full enrollment is reached students will be notified and added to our waiting list. Faxed application forms are accepted only from international students (207-786-8332).
Once you have submitted of your application package it will take us up to 3 weeks for review and processing. We process applications in the order they are received. We will send you an email notification of your enrollment status as soon as we have processed your package.
After receiving your notification, if you have been accepted, you must then follow the instructions in the email to complete your registration process.
For further information contact Meredith Lyons, Admissions Director at (207) 786-6381 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
- 4 courses $1350
- 3 courses $1000
- 2 courses $700
- 1 course $350
Room & Meals
- Meals & single room $1350
- Meals & double room $1250
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Professional Training Program: All fees paid (less application fee) will be fully refunded only if written notice of cancellation is received on or before June 27. Tuition is nonrefundable after this date for any reason including illness or injury. Room and board fees may be refunded (less $30 administrative fee) on or before July 4.
Young Dancers Workshop: All fees paid (less application fee) will be fully refunded only if written notice of cancellation is received on or before June 13. Tuition is nonrefundable after this date for any reason including illness or injury. Room and board fees may be refunded (less $30 administrative fee) on or before June 20.