Chapter 1 Review
1. Memorize the principal parts of all verbs!
2. Memorize the recipe for forming verbs!
- Take the second principal part
- Drop the letters after the "stem vowel" [ä
for 1st conjugation (e.g., errö,
erräre, errävï, errätum); ë
for 2nd conjugation (e.g., vidëo,
vidëre, vïdï, vïsum)
- erräre --> errä
- vidëre --> vidë
- Add the correct ending for person and number:
- 1st person singular (I) -
- 2nd person singular (you) - s
- 3rd person singular (he/she/it) - t
- 1st person plural (we) - mus
- 2nd person plural (you all) - tis
- 3rd person plural (they) -
3. Drill, Drill, Drill!
Imber's Home Page / Chapter